Sunday, September 09, 2007

I'm Still Alive ...

I hope everyone is doing well.

With the new laws making it nearly impossible to make a deposit and my Full Tilt balance holding at .04 (yes that is 4 cents) I haven't played much poker lately. With that said, I have the itch to play again so I tried something that I rarely do, I played an FTP tournament. I am not big on free rolls, why you ask, I don't like playing a $100 free roll with 2549 other donkeys only to play for 6 hours to win $8.77. I just can't make myself do it. That brings me to the FTP tournaments. I really hadn't looked into these much thinking that they were basically like free rolls. My opinion has changed after I qualified for the 1 Million Guaranteed tonight using FTPs.

I started by playing in a 54 player sng (cost 50 FTP), this was by far the most difficult because only the winner advances to the next satellite and guess who won .... MEEEEEE.

The next step was an 1884 player tournament with 108 advancing. I was able to hold on and advance.

So hopefully I can make those 50 FTPs payoff tonight. I will update later.

*** edit ***

I made it to the third hour and was middle of the pack in chips when I got knocked out. I made a good read on the hand that I lost with but lost anyway. I had J,K in the BB, their was 4 callers in the hand. The flop comes K, 7, 10 with 2 spades. The player on my right makes a size a small bet, I make a large raise to get any flush draws out, everyone folds except for the original better. My raise basically makes him pot commit ed him if he calls so we wound up being all in. He turns over his cards and ..... you guessed it a flush draw and not even the nut flush draw (he had 5, J of spades). You usually expect this type call in the first hour of a tournament but not in the third hour. The turn is a blank, he rivers the flush and my chances are over.

Personally, I don't like to put my tournament life at risk with a marginal draw. But if anyone still reads this here blog, give me your opinion, if you have that same draw do you call? Keep in mind that we both had 6k in chips (avg chip stack was around 5k)

4 Comments:

Blogger surflexus said...

That's a tough break. I don't like his call but I'm not surprised by it. That was a great run for you to wade through the qualifiers and get that far...nice job.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Schaubs said...

Did he call or re-raise all in before the turn?

12:04 AM  
Blogger 23skidoo said...

Thats a bummer Kelly, sounds like a nice run!

Hopefully I'll see you around.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Pokermaniak said...

Online poker bonus guide, Free startup bankrolls for new players - all possible $50 bankrolls :)

El Pokermaniak

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home