Tuesday, January 02, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

I hope that each of you had a prosperous 2006. I managed to accomplish many of my goals. I had a very solid year in online poker. I didn't have any huge wins but did win $1,000+ three times. I finished the year more than 6k in the black. With the money that I won in December, I bought a flat screen TV and mounted it in our bed room.

On a personal note, the wife and I closed the year out in a cultural way. On Dec. 30th we went to see the Nutcracker at the Fox Theater. On New Years eve, we went to Atlantic Station to see the Cirque du Soleil. All I can say about that show is WOW. If you have never seen it, you need to make plans to attend.

As many of you know, over the last six months I decreased my online play time. This is due in part to the way that I am built. When I get into something, I tend to go through a period where that "something" rules my life to the point that I burn out on it after a while. I am to that point with online poker.

There are also a number of other factors. First my granddaughter just had her first birthday. If any of you have grandchildren I am sure that you can relate, she has me totally wrapped and I can't see setting in front of a computer for hours on end when I can spend time with her.
Second, I have came to the realization that while I have profited nicely playing online poker, I am not going to win life changing money online. So from a poker standpoint, I see myself playing more live tournaments in 2007 but limited online play.

4 Comments:

Blogger BrainMc said...

Good to hear from ya again. Congrats on the year end total and having a grip on your priorities. Good luck to you and Surf in your future live tournaments. I am ready for the winter gathering for the ATL bloggers. I hear Weak may be hosting it this time. Nice job to your dawgs on their come from behind win at the Peac...errr..Chik Fil'A bowl. I still won't root for them, but I'll feel good for you. LOL.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Raveen said...

nice to see you posting again and glad to see you finished up the year w/ hitting your goals. Gl in 2007 mo

2:19 PM  
Blogger Slimeface said...

Good to see you again Mo! Best to your live play this year!

4:46 PM  
Blogger 23skidoo said...

Welcome back Kelly, don't be a stranger.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home