It has been a while (Jan), since my last post. I am dusting off my keyboard because my boy, 23skidoo
, tagged me. Before I get into the "7 Things About Me", let me give you an update on whats happening.
I have spent a lot of time with my granddaughter, she is now 17 months old.
Since my son has gotten married and moved out, I moved my office downstairs and moved the guest bedroom upstairs.
I have played a ton of golf and very little poker.
I have shared a few things on here about my love for my father. He lives in Dalton Ga, (about 2 hours from me) and has never seen my home. I am picking him up next Tuesday and he is going to spend a few days with Susan and I and I am taking him to the Braves game on Tuesday. He hasn't
been to a game in over 20 years so we should have a great time.
I am very fortunate to have a great connection for Braves tickets. My wife is a para-legal and the attorney's
that she works for have season tickets. The seats are unbelievable
, they are front row, right behind the Braves on-deck circle.
So ........ 7 things about me ...... hmmmmmmmm
1) I am a Christian. I was saved 15 years ago.
2) As many of you know, I play golf. I have an 8.9 handicap index. I have had a double eagle (scored a 2 on a par 5), but I have never had a hole in one.
3) I was a District Manager for a major retail store chain until I decided to move on Jan 15, 2006. Now I just manage myself and I am loving it!
4) I love to travel. My wife and I have been to many beautiful places, but one of our favorites is only 5 hours away. We love the beach in Panama City Fl.
5) My friends and family have always said that I am a lucky person. A couple of recent examples are : 1) My mom loves to play bingo. Her husband recently passed away and to get her out of the house, I took her to play. Keep in mind that I hadn't played bingo in years. Guess who won the $800 jackpot, yes MEEEEEEEE
! If you want to know how to make 300 older women angry, just yell BINGO. Another example, I don't play the lottery very often but last week I bought a ticket and won $500.
6) I don't believe
in luck. I think you make your own "luck". I do believe
in the power of positive thinking. I have always looked at the glass as being half full. I believe
if you think that bad is going to happen, bad will happen. If you hear someone say, "I never win a race", they will never win a race :)
7) I go back on the road in June so I will be playing more poker.
I am not sure who to tag, so if anyone still reads this here blog, consider yourself tagged.